Alpheios Translation Alignment Editor
The Alpheios Translation Alignment editor allows you to create word-by-word alignments between two texts.
No Login Required, data must be downloaded to be saved.
- Online Interface (English interface)
- Alternate Entry Point (Portuguese interface provided by Anise Ferreira, Sao Paolo State University, Brazil)
Login required, user data and collaboration/editorial review options available. Instructions
Alpheios Embedded Alignments
The following texts demonstrate how alignments can be used to enhance a text using the Alpheios Reading Tools.
These corpora provide examples of texts that have been aligned using the Alpheios Alignment Editor.
Arethusa Treebank Editor
Arethusa is an evolution of Alpheios treebank editor, developed with support from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the European Social Fund. Arethusa supports customizable annotation formats, automatic morphological parsing, user data, and a variety of other features.
Login required, user data and collaboration/editorial review options available.
Trees in the Alpheios Corpus
Several texts in the Alpheios corpus have been annotated with treebank data.
Treebank Data Collections
The following Treebank data collections have been annotated by scholars using the AlpPhoto by Senne Hoekman from Pexelsheios and Arethusa Treebank Editors
- Perseus Ancient Greek and Latin Dependency Treebank, Giuseppe Celano, Editor
- Perseids Project Treebanked Commentaries, J. Matthew Harrington, Editor
- Gorman Trees, Vanessa and Robert Gorman
- Pedalion Project Ancient Greek Treebanks, Toon Van Hal and Alek Keersmaekers, Editors
The Alpheios Poetry Prototype uses the first phrase of Homer's Iliad, read by Stanley Lombardo to demonstrate our vision of learning through the experience of poetry.
The Alpheios Inflection Frequencies Prototype demonstrates analyses of the frequency of inflections in the Iliad and the Odyssey. The Odyssey analysis makes use of treebanked data. Frequency data is linked to individual occurrences in the texts.